Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Ok, maybe I don't post here as much as I should and I definetly don't post as much as I want to. I think part of the reason on that is the realization that maybe blogging is a double edged sword. Some things are ike "Cool, the world should know." Yet it seems like the things that are really on my mind, be it bad or good, are often times the things I'm leary about posting on here. I'd hate to have the wrong person read it. Also writing for me can be tricky because unless it's something I'm passionate about it usually comes out sounding lame.

I keep telling myself "I Love my job, I love my job, I love my job...but dammit I HATE Microsoft." I walked into work tonight and there was about 50 calls in que waiting at 45 minutes. Just so you know, that is a shitload of calls. My first response...WTF???
Turns out it's a new worm/virus that takes advantage of security flaw in Windows XP. *Gasp*! Who'd a thunk it? Windows is flawed? Of course everyone calls there internet tech support because while your online you get a dialog box saying your pc will shut down in 59 seconds, but it only happens while your online. Anyway I guess it's kind of funny in a way. The only way to fix this problem for most computer users is to download the patch from Microsoft. Yet when you sign on to the internet that's when it shuts down your pc. Irony...gotta love it. I guess after all the stress of explaining to people that it really isn't our service and then explaining how to fix it (or for the exceptionally stupid or rude, referring them to the vendor) I was do for a mad case of the giggles at some point. Unfortunately for me it was during a call and at the customer's expense. This very pc challenged, but nice lady in Florida was really beginning to get on my last nerve when it dawned on me that she sounded exactly like Mrs. Roper (from Three's company). Thank god for the mute button cuz I was done. I expected her to say "Stanley? Stanley?" at any moment. When she spoke I could just picture her in one of those moo moo's...and was off again. Anyway by the end of the night I felt like a recording. I love my job...I love my job...I love my job...RIGHT.

No comments: