Sunday, July 15, 2007

What a difference a year makes...

Looking thru my blog I'm sure there are posts in here with me complaining about being overweight. Last summer I had sort of an awakening. The medication I was taking for being bi-polar had caused me to gain even more weight. Not that i wasn't huge to begin with, it just added to an existing problem. My realization was you never see an elderly obese person. Because they're weight kills them long before they get to that point. I wasn't even 30 yet and at the rate I was going I wouldn't see 50. I wouldn't ever see grandkids. I couldn't lie or kid myself anymore. No miracle was going to happen and make it all go away. Take some fkn responsibility for what you have created. Since that moment I stopped taking the medication. I stopped eating junk. I stopped making excuses and procrastinating. If I kept putting this off there won't be a tomorrow. There were so many things, foodwise, that I thought I would miss. I learned that if you behave yourself most of the time you can still eat 'bad' things occasionally. When I do I don't look at as a mistake or beat myself up over it. I enjoy it and then return to normal eating habits. I really don't miss the food at all. I sure don't miss the 85 lbs I've lost. I don't miss the first bag of "fat clothes" I got rid of. I don't miss the shoes I can't wear anymore because I lost a shoe size. The most important thing I won't miss is another day of my life because of being fat.

No comments: