Saturday, November 17, 2007

My People

Some thoughts were going thru my head after this last weekend. I really had fun. Live music, explosions, loud jets and men in uniform. What more could a girl ask for? Those things you can get anywhere most of the time. What really stuck out to me and made it fun was the people I was with. If it had just be me I would have enjoyed it, but it wouldn't have been the same. These are my people, my friends, the one's that know all about me and love me anyway. Taking the wrong bus and ending up lost at the speedway would have sucked if my friends weren't there laughing about how our fine Nevada "edumacation" was shining through. My friend and I both drooling over the same hotty in the straw cowboy hat downtown, laughing til we were in tears, arguing over which guy in the band (Halfway to Hazard) we were going to take home. Last night a couple of my friends had a great night and all we did was sit in the back of the truck drinking moonshine and bs'ing! Do I really want to leave that? Part of me knows you would never relocate for people, so why would you stay? The rule goes both ways right? For moments like that I could stay, might even be worth it. Then I think, sure it's easy to keep doing what I've been doing. Easier to stay miserable than take a huge leap of faith. I'll make friends in Colorado, I'm sure of it. This is the hardest part. They'll never compare to what I'm about to leave behind.

No comments: