Saturday, November 23, 2002

Ex shows up to pick up our son as I was walking out the door to do the thing that I have found is easiest on all of us. Drop him off with the grandparents. My ex then retrieves him from there...grandparents get to see everyone, I don't have to, everything is good. Usually to see him for the 5 minutes it takes my son to gather his stuff to go leaves me with a feeling of wanting to blow my brains out. He reaches for me...I pull away...he says "What now you can't fucking touch me anymore?"

"I don't know can I? Didn't I lose that right when you walked out?"

"Nevermind."

And Whammo! he shuts down to anything I have to say after that and switches into Let's go! Let's go! mode. Which is frustrating as hell.
The funny thing is we still hang out. On the days we hang out everything is fine. We talk and get along great, just like when we were together. To the point of it's uncomfortable... kinda like "What the hell are we doing?" It feels like nothing is different. Everyone says it's not supposed to be that way. You get along for the kids, you distance yourself etc etc. When does that happen? When do you start blowing off yer best friend because you're supposed to? Am I supposed to hate him? Isn't he supposed to hate me? This is just soooooo confusing....

No comments: