Monday, March 22, 2004

"Put on my blue suede shoes and I boarded the plane..."
I've gotten a burr again. This one has been festering for many years, thou. I want out of here, if only for a little while. There's a certain place that has been...I don't want to say "calling me" it sounds cheesy, but that's the only way I can think of. I have always had a serious love/hate relationship with living here. I thought my parents were insane when we moved. I remember at some point during the drive here, looking out the window at central Nevada, feeling sick. Where were the trees??? I had spent my life up to that point in Oregon and Washington. I have learned to see the beauty in the desert and appreciate it's differences. I will never get used to the people. I will never get used to the transient nature of Las Vegas. I swear to god nowhere else on earth are natives almost non existent. Everybody is from somewhere else. I got a little sidetracked there, I won't turn this into a rant about here. Anyway, I found where I want to go. I have no idea why, but 1500 miles is pretty far to go on a whim. It just seems right and maybe that's all I need. And a vacation. :)

No comments: