Wednesday, February 06, 2008

S.S.D.D.

My Ipod has been repeating my newly purchased Stone Sour album during my trips to the gym. That album is safe because not a single song on it reminds me of you, well maybe just that last one. Hey, we gave it a good try. That's a lie? We made a half-assed, wounded attempt to go beyond friendship and failed, but not badly. Hehe, maybe we, or you, or even me doesn't know we failed for now. At least we're adult enough to go right back to where we were. That's the important thing here, I would have died if I lost your friendship. I wish you had never said anything. Actually, since I'm wishing, I wish you would have said something sooner. Probably wouldn't matter the result would have been the same just minus the mistakes on my side. Then again I may have made different one's. It's easier to blame this on my stupidity than it is to admit I may not be capable of going all in again. Letting go of past lessons seems to get harder every time and it was easier with you but I'm not the only one who's been burned. Letting go is not something you can do, not even for me. It hurts a little, but not too bad. If it was meant to happen it would have. We're still you and me and that's a good thing.

"What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
No, I don't want to fall in love.
With you. With you."

-Chris Isaak

"We call them cool
Those hearts that have no scars to show
The ones that never do let go
And risk the tables being turned

We call them fools
Who have to dance within the flame
Who chance the sorrow and the shame
That always come with getting burned

But you got to be tough when consumed by desire
'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire "

-G. Brooks

No comments: