Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thank You

Sometimes I don't make the best choices. Some where inside, in the back of my mind, I was considering that maybe you were giving me an ultimatum, even though you didn't say anything. Why would you make me choose when you were the one with the problem? Bending over backwards is my specialty but I'm not bending for you anymore. Keeping my new friend out of it, not mentioning him (but all I needed to do was wait because you would eventually just to shoot him down), not asking him to come along if I knew you were there. None of that was enough. You are not the nucleus that holds my life together. No one wronged you, no rules were broken unless it was one of your imaginary fucked up ones you create to justify how you treat people. Thank you for making it look so easy to just walk away like you don't care. Thank you for teaching me another lesson and thank you for making my decision easy. Friends don't require friends to make choices like that. Not by my definition. Apparently we define "friends" differently and to you they are easily discarded. A side of you I didn't know was there. This was never a choice I would have considered. Losing one was not what I wanted but apparently the right one is gone.

No comments: