Monday, August 25, 2008

Office Space: Can you hear me now?

Just something quick here, an update I guess even thought I really don't do those. My hatred for my job will hopefully end within the next 4 days. Four days left of working my damn brain into a frazzle for nothing. In case no one has figured it out... I work for a large cell phone company right now (under an outsourcer). QA, Quality Assurance. You know when you call a company and it says "This call maybe monitored or recorded for Quality Assurance purposes"? Yeah, that's me. I LOVE the QA job, love teaching people how to do customer service. Love to give feedback and help them improve. Working for this new business doesn't let me do that. My job requirement is to sit at my desk all day and pump out an impossible number of evaluations that the agent never sees. Pointless. Ineffective. The number they are requiring is preventing me from doing them accurately. For the first time in the almost 11 years I've worked there I know I'm not doing a good job. They can have quality or quantity, not both. Hate this feeling of being totally useless. So when the previous client I worked for came back I was all over it. Loved the company. Even though I won't get to be a QA for them anymore. Just taking calls. FROM HOME. Starting next week. And it's not even my birthday...

To be continued...

No comments: