Sunday, May 10, 2009

Block

Ok, it's time to admit it. The posts have slowed down here not because my life is suddenly uninteresting, the writing is gone. Scared that is has disappeared like my ability to read books and my desire for photography. It's just not there. Normally I write all the time, maybe half of that ends up on here. Something happens, something pops into my head, the things trapped in my brain flow out and into notepad, bringing me relief from them. Turn on the faucet and nothing happens. The last two posts were forced, not something that just flowed. Maybe it's on vacation, maybe I need a plumber for this blockage. I'll figure it out...

The timing couldn't be better either, start college classes in the fall. Including English composition. Hope I can get thru it. Question I had about that too... Would the "History Of Rock Music" count as a history credit AND an arts and humanities credit? Why no history of country music? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun with college, i hear it is always more interesting to go back when we've "matured". what are you looking to major in?

as for why no history of country music... because it is all summed up with -- "she left him and the dog died". :-P

on the writing front, i know what you mean. for me it has been more of a think before you write which then turns into being distracted and forgetting. that and not wanting to write anything that can (and will) be misunderstood should the right or wrong people read it -- i'm exhausted at just the prospect of answering questions about a post. :-/

ac

Natalie said...

Stuff I choose to put non here can't be all negative, I weed alot of that out. Over the last 3 months I've barely written anything more than a line or two. Like the flow has just stopped. I never thought twice about who read it, until someone I've mentioned on here several times wanted to read it. Compromising, I emailed him a few things. :) Wasnt ready for him to know everything...

As far as school goes, I wanted to go into the medical field, unfortunately most of that you need to go full time (nursing, radiology etc). SO, I'm just getting the core classes out of the way at looking at other options like Sociology or other allied health trades.

You can't offend everyone all the time. If they are offended, may they need to be. I do miss reading your blog. Its on my sidebar just in case u change your mind.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the schooling.... if nothing else, may it prove interesting.

As for my blog... I may start one up again, but it is extremely unlikely to be there. I tried starting a couple via blogger, but after just a few posts I abandoned them. They more or less served their purposes of letting me get a few thoughts out of my mind. Not that they are gone, but it oddly releases some karmatic pressure or something. Kinda of like confessing something aloud to someone. It doesn't change anything, but somehow can make you feel a little better.