Monday, May 17, 2004

Sometimes things aren't funny until later. I let my dogs out like always but the bitchy old yorkie did not want to go out (she don't realize she needs to pee sometimes). So I booted her out. Well when ever I piss her off she runs away. Which usually means she walks from the back of the house to the front. So I shouldn't have been surprised when I went back out there and she was gone. What did surprise me, when I went back thru the house, was the sound of horns blaring out in front. The street in front of my house is a major 6 lane street, posted 45 mph. Traffic on the far side is stopped and I see my little dog run out from in front of all of it. Then I see an Explorer rear end a stopped car and the guy behind him slams into him. My dog is now in the center turning lane. Traffic is still flying by in the other three lanes. I closed my eyes, I couldn't watch. When I opened them she was in the driveway. I grabbed her, foot ball style, and ran in the house with her. Then it sunk in. There are three cars piled up out there because someone stopped for my dog. My dog. I'm responsible. What do I do? Do I go talk to them? What do you say? "Thanks for not hitting my dog and I'm real sorry about your car. I have to go to work now, I'm sure your boss will understand why you're late. Have a nice day!" I felt so horrible. Guilty. My dad said it wasn't my fault, they are not required to stop for an animal. So I went to work. Knowing in my gut it was wrong. The next day after thinking about it awhile I realized my dog made it across 6 lanes of rush hour traffic. Twice. Reminded me of a fucked up version of Frogger. It's been funny ever since.

I did redeem my self later that night...more on that later.

No comments: