Monday, January 21, 2008

This too shall pass...

You're the edge I just stepped off of... Why do I get nervous around you? I shouldn't be anymore. Dropping things, laughing too much, running red lights. I've not acted like such a retard in my life, I need a helmet... You're gonna bail. Leave me behind. Part of me wants you to go, get it over with. You will forget me and move on. There's something about you I can't put my finger on, so I think the worst. Is that "something" you've changed your mind or are you nervous too? You said you can't just turn it off and I believe you. While I fight with myself to keep from running, so I'm trying to stand back. You go out of your way for me, do things with me that I don't even have to ask for. People don't surprise me in a good way normally, and you've surprised me more than anyone I've ever known. The more I know the more I want to know, and that just doesn't happen. Still I feel like I've only scratched the surface, that there's something hiding beneath. We've both been too alone, too injured for too long for this to work right. We're teetering between friendship and the next level, friendship is easier. Friendship is not going to get me hurt. Friendship doesn't make promises destined to be broken. Being alone is easy, I'm used to it. If you don't try you are guaranteed to fail, but in this case the failure isn't that bad because maybe it never should have gone this far. Now that we've said it where do we go from here? Words could never express how sorry I am to have hurt you. That's one end I'm not used to being on, and actions I'm not used to making. Moments I never thought I was capable of. Why does something so good have to be so hard? And yet you're still here...

"I'm always easier to catch
Than I've ever been to hold
I'm a twisted rose, a tangled weed
The last thing that I need
Is to want you
Cause I don't want to"

-T.Y.

No comments: