Saturday, February 21, 2004

Friday Five

When was the last time you...

1. ...went to the doctor?
When the starter went out on my truck. I ruptured a disc in my back pushing my truck up and down the driveway for 45 minutes trying to get it to start. I was also beating on it with a wrench. So it went: Try to start it. Curse lots. Get out on my hands and knees in the gravel under the truck. Hit the starter. Back in the truck. Try to start it. Curse lots. Get out push it up and down the driveway. Try to start it. Curse lots. Repeat. I couldn't walk the next day.

2. ...went to the dentist?
October of 2002. I had an infection from jammed food in my gums. My gums swelled up enough to seperate my lower front teeth. The dentist likened it to removing a splinter. I'd rather give birth again. After 8 shots of novacain, lots of blood, some tears and about an hour he got it all out. He was nice enough to call me the next day, from home on a Saturday, to see how I was doin. Better than some guys I've dated.

3. ...filled your gas tank?
Ummm a month ago. Never fill it up unless I'm goin on a roadtrip. I'm pretty impatient and a $5 will usually do the trick.

4. ...got enough sleep?
Never, working graveyard makes that next to impossible.

5. ...backed up your computer?
This thing has a reverse??? ;) When the mood strikes. Not often enough. My pictures and my mp3's are permanetly located on an external USB drive. And yes I do tech support so I know the importance of backing up.

No comments: