Sunday, February 29, 2004

I'm feelin trapped, a little cornered. Like a dog on it's back. Some times I feel like screaming because I let myself get here. One line keeps running thru my head. "Show your belly like you want me to." I could walk away. I could run. Yet there's this little voice that keeps nagging me telling me to hold on. That he's actually worth it. It's so easy to listen to that voice and ignore the one that's telling me to get out now, before it's too late, before you're too far gone. What have I always lived by? "I could have missed the pain, but I'd of had to miss the dance." In other words I can't know happiness without the possibility of pain. No one ever mentioned to me that it would be hard to let someone in again. I feel like a dog that's been cornered and I'm trying really hard not to bite. That outstretched hand may not be a menace. Then again what's he holding behind his back...

No comments: