Wednesday, February 25, 2004

There are times when I catch myself thinking and I wish I could stop. Just not think for awhile. Something gets into my brain and it's like a burr, a sliver, and I can't stop until it's been eradicated. Until I've picked it apart and seen it from every angle. Sometimes I think I'm crazy. No one should think like this. It's not healthy. This prevents me from enjoying simple things because I have to make them more than they are. I want to accept things at face value. No more turning over shiny pennies and looking for the tarnish, or for that matter, turning over cruddy pennies and looking for the shine. It's not pessimism here. I look for the good in the crap, and the crap in the good. Not everything can be multifaceted like I expect. Sometimes things just are and it's not for me to figure it out. What scares me is the quote I listed below... "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." Supposedly said by Ernest Hemingway. Anyone remember his cause of death?

No comments: