Thursday, March 13, 2008

Did I Break Your Concentration?

Umm a friend suggested since I can't talk about something maybe I should find an online board. So I went lurking. Reading through others comments, joking about there disease made me cry. It isn't just me and I'm screwed. There's one thing I've not mentioned on here, sometimes I feel like I'm getting dumber by the day. Sure I forget stuff, I may tell you the same thing 10 times and lock my keys in my car. My friends probably think I don't care to remember what they tell me, I'm sorry that suddenly Minnesota and Wisconsin are interchangeable to me. My spelling has declined to the point that spell check isn't to be dismissed. It looks right to me, but it never is. You know the sensation of having something on the tip of your tongue but can't get it out? Hehe, that's me on a daily. Had this happen tonight - Me and a friend were picking songs out of the new internet jukebox at our favorite bar. One of my selections was "Alright Guy" by Gary Allan (song cracks me up). Another guy comes up to me and asks who the singer is, says he's not really into country but he digs it. So I tell him the name and we start talking a bit. Ask me who some other artists I would recommend are, says he doesn't really like Big & Rich or Rascal Flatts, likes stuff with more of an edge (speaking my language). Drawing a complete blank I stare at my friend, I suddenly have no idea what the guy just asked me or what to say. Friend stares back and says Brad Paisley. Oh yea, I remember now. Sheepishly, I rattle off a few names to the guy. That's embarrassing, and I wish I could say a drink or three was involved but I was drinking water. It's like 90% of the time my brain is going so fast in so many directions that I can't keep up and then...sputter, stall, what was I doing? Sure I don't mind getting teased about it, nobody knows. At times it can be damn funny. Just hate that there have been times when they tell me things, important things, details about their lives and I forget. Believe me, I wish I didn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dont worry about it (the latter part), That's a sign of old age.

Sometimes I think I should carry a voice recorder with me everywhere I go that way when that happens to me I could just rewind it and figure out what happened to me...

But that would be too obvious.