Wednesday, November 05, 2008

History

Not until tonight did it truly register with me. Didn't think about it when I cast my ballot earlier today. The significance of what was going on. Having been saying for weeks, get in the booth and flip a coin. Not particularly caring for either candidate, I chose what I felt was the lesser of two evils. The same as I did four years ago. It wasn't until I watched it unfold on TV tonight. Something I never thought I would see, in ways I'm proud at the distance this country has traveled. What, 40 years ago he wouldn't of had the right to vote? Hell less that a hundred years ago neither would I. Sat here in amazement as I realized history was happening right in front of me. A black man in the white house. A house that black slaves help build. Elected to run a country partially built by slaves. Shameful part of our history. Truly amazing how far we've come.

No comments: