Friday, October 12, 2007

Karma Is A Bitch

Once a lie is out there you can't bring it back. It can't be untold. The trust can't be unbroken. The friendship didn't mean enough for you to tell me the truth. Makes me wonder what else you lied to me about because you didn't think I was worth the truth. Did you think I wouldn't notice? Apparently I wasn't that much to lose. Anyone who really knows me is aware of how I feel about lying. Honesty is crucial and its a deal breaker. On the flip side, I also believe in not doing things you will need to lie about later. Never would I have condemned you for your actions, I would have been surprised and got over it. Omission is one thing, but when I ask you a direct question... if you didn't want to say just tell me its none of my business, even if it does effect me. Now I don't believe you anymore. Forgiveness is simple as I will not carry this with me, forgetting will be a lot harder. It's not up to me to pass judgment, but it is up to me to decide the character of those I surround myself with. You reap what you sow. There's no way I'll be around for that harvest.

"I have seldom known anyone who deserted truth in trifles that could be trusted in matters of importance." - William Paley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm not sure if it is being nosey or simply my being a curious character, but i'm left wondering what happened.

ok, it's clear what happened -- so i guess it is the nosey part wanting to know more details and specifics.

i've heard phrase "forgive and forget" and you're right -- you can forgive, but you'll never forget. they are mutually exclusive. forgiving just means you won't continue to hold it against the person.

good luck

Natalie said...

Well somebody lied, his actions without the lie would have hurt some and eventually the friendship would have continued. With the lie and the subsequent lies he has told to cover up the original he ended our friendship. I'm choosy in my friends and "liar" is not one of the qualifications.

I'm sure that is not what you really wanted to know. This may not be the best forum. LOL, if your curiosity has truly got the best of you...I think you know my email.