Monday, October 29, 2007

Pride Sucks

What's wrong with me! A friend of mine wants to pay for me to go to Homestead, FL for the final Nascar race of the season...and I can't say yes and I can't say no. Part of me is thinking my god that's a lot of money. Another part is thinking he can afford it and it's once in a lifetime experience. As big a Nascar fan as I am I've never been able to afford to go to a race. I believe, in most circumstances, if you didn't earn it you can't appreciate it. Everything I've gotten I've worked my ass off to get. This is seriously a case of the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other and I don't know who to believe. Why is this so hard? Do I really have that much pride??? Just can't get past it, maybe I won't regret saying no, but I know I'll feel small for saying yes. That's my answer.

No comments: