Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Earth, Plus Plastic

A week has passed and I didn't say anything on here. That first time I saw one of his routines when I was 13, actually saw the whole thing, I about died laughing and was hooked. One of our local radio stations used to play parts of his Airline Safety Lecture routine was what got me wanting to hear more (Fuck You I'm getting in the plane! Seems to be less wind in here!). What got me about him was how he could take life's little moments that we all have and make them hysterical. Not only in words (what a way with words) but in the funny faces and actions. He pointed things out long before some of our newer comedians (have you went to shake some one's hand and realized it's not a complete hand?). I didn't always agree with him but he made me want to listen. Always thinking, always putting interesting twists on things and humorous yet functional solutions to the world's problems. It's all in the exaggeration right? Fortunately I was able to see him this past February, the first and last time. It's going to be hard not getting to hear his take on the way the world is headed, thank you for sharing your ideas, comedy and language...

No comments: