Sunday, July 13, 2008

Why July?

Why can't the air conditioner ever fail in May? Early June? September? Why does it have to be July? During the monsoon season? It may dip down to 84 degrees tonight with 48% humidity (being a desert dweller, humidity...well it sucks). At least the rain earlier cooled things off for a few minutes. Now the air is still, balmy and hot. The box fan I put in my window doesn't help if it's not cooling off at night, also the air can't penetrate the solar screens which I noticed are screwed into the stucco next to my second floor window. My dogs are looking at me and panting, I feel bad for them but I know they'll be fine (have to remember ice cubes for the fish tank). It's 2am and I know sleep isn't coming. Maybe if I would have known I would have just stayed at my friend's house instead of coming home. On the bright side, according to the weather forecast it's supposed to rain off and on tomorrow and it's only going to get up to 95 degrees. Possible downside, I've never had an A/C unit just not turn on (yes I checked the breaker). Is that bad? Seen units blow hot air, freeze up and one even blew smoke. Curious to know what component died, and how hard and expensive it is to fix. Hmmm, I think I'll try sleeping pills and see if I can put an end to one of the worst days I've had in a long time. Everything from earlier was my own doing, the A/C unit was merely the grand finale...

No comments: