Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Let It Go

No the words to the song that just happened to come on the radio were not lost on me either. Not at all. You stopped and then started laughing... "Are you listening to the words?" Your laughter didn't stem from any kind of humor. Maybe you had the same thought I did. Which one in the song am I? What irony that was, coincidence whatever. You still don't believe me, I saw that when once again I tried to explain it. "Don't worry about it, it's not like I ever put a ring on your finger." Maybe that's your way of pushing me away. Fine, the whole thing is a bad idea anyway. No matter how right it feels. Today, I don't feel happy, excited, twitterpated or anything but sick because I didn't want it to go too far. Never wanted to feel this way. Never thought I would. No one my age is capable of a normal fkn relationship anyway, we're all too jaded, too scarred and too broken. We know how it ends before it even starts. No matter what clever things you say. Swore to myself months ago, the first time you tried during the concert, that I wouldn't let it happen again. So how many times have I lied to myself now? Distance and time that I put there didn't change damn thing. So, I just have stick to what I know is right.

You shouldn't kiss me like this
Unless you mean it like that
Cause I'll just close my eyes
And I won't know where I'm at
We'll get lost on this dance floor
Spinnin' around
And around
And around
And around

They're all watchin' us now
They think we're falling in love
They'd never believed we're just friends
When you kiss me like this
I think you mean it like that
If you do baby kiss me again

Everybody swears we make the perfect pair
But dancing is as far as it goes
Girl you've never moved me quite
The way you moved me tonight
I just wanted you to know

-Toby Keith

No comments: